Optional Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance helps you cover unexpected costs that can arise from a serious illness.
Associates have the option to purchase critical illness insurance for themselves and their dependents.
- Insurance can be purchased in increments of $5,000 to a maximum of $150,000 (minimum benefit of $10,000)
- Benefit amount for associate and spouse
- Termination Age – benefit amount reduces by 50 per cent at age 65 , to a maximum of $50,000 and terminates at the earlier of age 70, retirement or critical illness claim paid out
- Benefit amount for child - $5,000 each child
- Termination Age – benefit terminates at the earlier of associate's age 70 , retirement, end of child's eligibility to be a dependent on the associate's group benefits or child's critical illness claim pay out
Please reference the Manulife Website and your Group Benefits booklet for details of the plan